When winter comes, sport practitioners are most likely to engage in outdoor sports such as skiing, snowboarding, sledding, and much more. However, some winter sports may be dangerous when someone is new to the kind of practice or even not well-trained enough to sustain common injuries like strains, bruises, a possible broken bone when fallen on the snow, or even the cold. The cold temperatures are the main problem that people experience when they practice winter sports if they are not well-equipped, and this may result in an injury that the body might be affected. Therefore why not consulting a physical therapy center? If you are looking for physical therapy in Macomb, MI, we are here to offer you a life-changing option to visit Empower Physical Therapy & Fitness.
What is Empower Physical Therapy?
Empower Physical Therapy & Fitness is the revolutionary center that would guarantee that your body will achieve wellness from injuries or pain. The clients should take into consideration to join this center if they experienced pain from the everyday working routine or also when practicing sports.
The services offered at Empower Physical Therapy in Macomb, MI include:
- Manual Therapy
- Aquatic Therapy
- Sports Medicine
- Dry Needling
- Dizziness & Balance Therapy
- Chronic Pain
- McKenzie Method
- Pre/Post Surgical Rehab
- Parkinson’s Rehab
- Workers Compensation
How can you prevent Skiing Injuries during Winter?
For preventing skiing injuries during winter, it is needed preparation for:
- Maintain fitness: it is needed to be in good physical condition when you set out on a ski outing. The injuries can be prevented by keeping a good physical condition and to stop practicing when you are tired or in pain.
- Warm-up: the cold muscles are more prone to injury. Therefore, it is needed to warm up by wearing jumping jacks, running, or even walking for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Hydrate: The mild levels of dehydration can affect physical ability and endurance. Therefore, drinking plenty of water before, during, and after skiing is recommended.
- Safety rules: It is required to know the safety rules of skiing, such as how to stop, merge, and yield to other skiers.
- Learn ski lift safety: It is also needed to know how to get on and off a lift properly.
The proper equipment to ensure the safety of your own body when practicing skiing sports requires:
- Wear several layers of light and resistant clothing for warmth and protection. The layers of clothing accommodate the constant change of body temperature.
- Buy or rent boots that need to be adjusted, maintained, and tested by a ski shop.
- Check the binding of each ski before skiing because the bindings must be properly adjusted to your height, weight, and skiing ability.
- Wear the appropriate protective gear such as goggles and a helmet. Ski helmets are recommended more than other kinds of helmet gears when practicing skiing sports.
Contact Empower Physical Therapy in Macomb, MI
For more information on how Empower PT & Fitness can help you out with physical therapy, skiing injuries prevention, and other services, you don’t have to hesitate to contact us throughout our website.
Empower PT & Fitness knows how important is your wellness, and they want to guarantee the long-term health of your body with Physical Therapy in Macomb, MI. Consider scheduling an appointment with us and visit their center today!