Welcome to Empower Physical Therapy and Fitness!
Physical Therapy Roseville MI
Whether you are looking to recover from an injury, improve sports performance, lose weight or just want a better quality of life, Empower Physical Therapy Roseville MI can help. With two state of the art locations in Clinton Township, we continue to strive to bring you the latest and greatest technology to improve your fitness and overall wellness.
Rajendran Thangamuthu, DPT
Owner and Physical Therapist
Raj’s physical therapy career began in 1992 after graduating from SRIPMS College in India. He spent 3 years practicing there before moving to Kuwait and joining the Ministry of Health Hospitals system. In 1996, he came to the United States and practiced in various hospitals and clinics before opening his own practice in 2008. AquatiCare Physical Therapy allowed Raj to focus on superior patient care and treat patients with fewer visits and better results. In 2011, he opened Empower Physical Therapy and Fitness – an innovative concept integrating Physical Therapy and Fitness in one facility.
Raj is devoted to lifelong learning and throughout his career has gained extensive experience in manual therapy including training at the Ola Grimsby Institute, IASTM (Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilization) and Myofascial Release education through Thomas Myers Anatomy Trains. He received his Doctorate in Physical Therapy in 2011. Raj is a certified Neurac Therapist, Pilates instructor, an avid student of Hot Yoga and was recently named Student of the Month at his studio.
Raj is passionate about working with the elderly and has created a unique Fall Prevention Program to improve patient’s balance and coordination as they age. He utilizes a wide variety of equipment to address balance deficits including Pneumex Unweighting System, Biodex and Balance Gym.
Certified in performing Functional Capacity Evaluations (FCE) and Work Site Analyses, Raj has pioneered the development of performance enhancement programs for DuPont. He has worked directly with the Resin, Dispersion, Fire Brigade and Emergency Services departments.
In his free time, Raj enjoys spending time with his wife, son and two daughters.
Services Offered By Our Office For Physical Therapy Roseville MI
Manual therapy is a hands-on treatment by clinicians to treat muscle aches, joint pain, and limited range of motion. It encompasses a variety of techniques including soft tissue mobilization of muscles, specific joint mobilization, and joint manipulation.
The three most notable forms of manual therapy are:
- Manipulation is the application of a rapid force into a joint(s). Manipulation is often associated with an audible popping sound called cavitation.
- Mobilization is a slower, more controlled process of articular and soft-tissue stretching intended to improve joint mobility.
- Massage is typically the repetitive rubbing, stripping or kneading of muscle and fascia tissues to facilitate healing.
Manual therapy has been proven to be an important part of an overall conservative treatment plan for a variety of conditions including:
- Adhesive capsulitis
- Shoulder impingement
- Shoulder stiffness/limited range of motion
- Tennis elbow
- Golfers elbow
- Pinched nerves
- Limited joint range of motion
- Capsule tightness
- Postsurgical stiffness
- Much more.
Manual therapy is typically part of a complete treatment plan that is customized for your specific needs. Give us a call to learn how we can incorporate manual therapy into your rehabilitation program.
If you are a youth, collegiate, elite, or professional athlete, when you are injured, you need a physical therapist with experience rehabilitating sports-related injuries.
Athletes place higher demands on the muscles and joints and also require sport-specific training to recover speed, power, and agility. This is the specific training that our therapists provide.
Our physical therapists have years of experience rehabilitating athletes with:
- Postsurgical rehabilitation of the knee, shoulder, ankle, hip, and spine
- Shoulder & rotator cuff injuries
- Ligament sprains
- Muscle strains
- ACL, PCL, MCL, LCL rehab
- Post-fracture rehab
- Tennis elbow
- Overhead sports injuries (throwing, swimming, etc.)
- Running & cycling injuries
A Personalized Recovery Process
The process starts with a thorough evaluation of your condition and your personal goals. We then provide a custom program including the following:
- Control of Pain & Inflammation
- Recovery of Range of Motion
- Hands-on Techniques
- Neuromuscular Retraining
- Core & Extremity Strengthening
- Balance & Proprioceptive Activities
- Speed, Endurance, & Power Training
- Sport-specific Retraining
Optimizing the Recovery Process
Injuries are an unfortunate side effect of sports but they don’t have to sideline you indefinitely. With the application of the latest clinical research, we can work hand-in-hand with your referring physician/surgeon to optimize the recover process so you can reach your full potential.
Give us a call today to learn more about our sports rehabilitation program.
Recent Blog Posts From Our Office Of Physical Therapy Roseville MI
The Best ways to Train for Your Upcoming Sports Season
How Can Our Physical Therapy Roseville MI Help You?
How are you preparing for your upcoming sports season? Making sure your body is prepared is key to gaining that extra advantage you seek over your competition. Providing your body with the proper nutrition, workout regimen and recovery is what will determine how successful you will ultimately be. At Empower PT, Physical Therapy Roseville MI, we encourage you to seek out different recovery treatments and workout regimens that work well with your body. At Empower PT we offer a variety of different treatment options to help you prepare for your upcoming sports season. These different treatments are clinically proven and will ultimately give you that competitive edge over your opponent. These treatments include:
- Alter G therapy
- Redcord therapy
- Aqua massage bed therapy and many more.
The Best Ways to Train for Your Upcoming Sports Season
These state of the art therapies are proven to give you the competitive edge you need for your upcoming sports season. Sports medicine has developed over time and now more than ever studies are showing how essential it is to take care of your body. Your body will take care of you if you take the time to treat it well. Our doctor for Physical Therapy Roseville MI is analyzing new studies each and every day to implement the best possible solution for you. Each workout and recovery program is specifically designed to better enhance your body and better prepare you for your upcoming sports season.
Modern Sports Medicine Technologies at Empower PT & Fitness
With new technology comes new treatment and therapy options. Our doctor for Physical Therapy Roseville MI insists that although traditional methods such as weightlifting and proper nutrition and stretching for recovery still have their advantages. Studies show that these new therapies are equally if not more effective than previously thought. Preparing for your upcoming sports season starts with evaluating your body and how it responds to different treatments.
If you or anyone you know is looking to gain that competitive edge or simply just want to learn more about the different types of therapies we offer at Empower PT, feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns you may have. It’s never too early to start preparing for your upcoming sports season. Make sure your body is in its peak physical form before you start.
Physical Therapy Treatment for Overuse Injuries
If you are in need of physical therapy Roseville, MI, our team at Empower PT & Fitness is here to help you! Contact us today to learn more!
Injury can occur in tissue that you use too often. Whether this is from your occupation, activities, or just everyday life, paying attention to these types of injuries is important to prevent decrease usability of the affected tissues.
- Tennis Elbow
- Swimmers Shoulder
- Achilles Tendinitis
- Runner’s Knee
Causes of Overuse Injuries
Many activities and occupations can cause an overuse injury. Below are some common causes of this type of injury:
- Exercising too frequently or too rigorous can lead to an overuse injury. This can be from lifting weights too often, improperly, or that are too heavy.
- Lifting heavy objects improperly, or repeatedly, can result in micro-damage to bodily tissue. This can be in your back, arms, neck, and legs. Practicing proper lifting techniques can prevent putting a massive strain on your tissues, lessening the chance of developing
an overuse injury.
Treatment for Overuse Injuries
Empower PT & Fitness offers physical therapy Roseville MI, and we have seen a lot of cases of overuse injuries. This has given us the chance to increase our knowledge of them, and understand the best way to treat these injuries. Treatment for these injuries can range from rest to surgery. The most common forms of treatment are:
- For minor injuries, resting the injured tissue and allowing the body to heal itself naturally can be the best course of treatment.
- Over the counter medication such as Ibuprofen, or prescription medication such as Naproxen can relieve the pain associated with these injuries. These medications also reduce inflammation, allowing the injury to heal properly.
- Physical therapy Roseville MI can be provided by Empower PT. We have many specialized techniques that we can perform to speed up recovery and ensure full use of the injured tissue.
- Surgery would be the most aggressive form of treatment, usually reserved for the most severe cases of overuse injury. This would be a step we would explore after rest and physical therapy Roseville MI.
Empower Physical Therapy Roseville MI
Empower PT & Fitness offers physical therapy Roseville MI, and we have been treating patients with overuse injuries since 2008. Occupation, sports, and other activities that can put an excessive amount of strain on the body have been the leading cause of these injuries. There are many treatments for these injuries, including physical therapy.
Contact Us For Physical Therapy Roseville MI
Clinton Township Hours
- Monday: 8:00 am – 7:00 pm
- Tuesday: Closed
- Wednesday: 8:00 am – 7:00 pm
- Thursday: 8:00 am – 7:00 pm
- Friday: 8:00 am – 4:40 pm