Welcome to Empower Physical Therapy and Fitness!
Direct Access Physical Therapy Michigan
We at Empower Physical Therapy , a direct access physical therapy Michigan, can help you get your body on track for a successful season with tips on what exercises would work for you and physical therapy services. If you’re looking for direct access to prepare your body for the sports season, then you’ve come to the right place with us!
Many athletes like you are surely looking forward to playing your sport this year. However, whether you play hockey, baseball, or participate in any other sport, an important question may come to mind: “How can I prepare for the season?” How can you keep your body in prime physical condition for the season? Our team will tell you how.
Build Up Your Body
Training means exercising more than one part of your body and increasing your stamina & endurance. Athletes use different types of training to build up their bodies, such as:
- Stability: This type of training can mean training on uneven ground so that you can keep your balance, but it also means different exercises that put your body in uneven positions to improve your balance. This is especially important for sports like snowboarding and skiing, but stability training can apply for any sport.
- Coordination: This type of training involves working multiple parts of your body to make them move together. These exercises increase your endurance, as well as power and balance. Athletes often incorporate this kind of training into their running routines.
Also, there are different kinds of conditioning that make up a session of direct access physical therapy Michigan that our athletes use to prepare for the upcoming season. These may include:
- Alignment: This type of conditioning means properly aligning the shoulders, spine, and hips to ensure that your body can move around more easily. Not being properly aligned can increase your risk of injury and cause general discomfort.
- Balance: Preparing your balance is arguably important for any sports season because it means you will be less likely to lose your balance and fall while participating in your sport. Different stability training exercises apply to this type of conditioning.
- Core Training: This type of training is important because your core is an anchor that keeps the rest of your body stable with it, especially your legs. You can strengthen your core by doing exercises that require your body to twist or bend forward, such as planks.
Remember that it is best to contact Empower direct access physical therapy Michigan if you are trying to develop an exercise program or have questions about your current exercise program. We will be able to determine what kinds of exercises will best fit your needs as an athlete. We will work with you to ensure that you are getting into optimal condition for the sports season with our expert care.
Empower Direct Access Physical Therapy Michigan
When thinking about preparing for the sports season, you will want to create an exercise plan that works for you. Utilizing different kinds of conditioning and exercises that will strengthen your body is important for athletic success. Here at Empower PT, we offer direct access physical therapy Michigan that you can trust! Please visit our website to learn more about us and our services. We know how important your sport is to you, and we look forward to helping your body reach peak physical condition!
How Can Our Direct Access Physical Therapy Can Help You?
How are you preparing for your upcoming sports season? Making sure your body is prepared is key to gaining that extra advantage you seek over your competition. Providing your body with the proper nutrition, workout regimen and recovery is what will determine how successful you will ultimately be. At Empower PT, a direct access physical therapy Michigan, we encourage you to seek out different recovery treatments and workout regimens that work well with your body. At Empower PT we offer a variety of different treatment options to help you prepare for your upcoming sports season. These different treatments are clinically proven and will ultimately give you that competitive edge over your opponent. These treatments include:
- Alter G therapy
- Redcord therapy
- Aqua massage bed therapy and many more.
The Best Ways to Train for Your Upcoming Sports Season
These state of the art therapies are proven to give you the competitive edge you need for your upcoming sports season. Sports medicine has developed over time and now more than ever studies are showing how essential it is to take care of your body. Your body will take care of you if you take the time to treat it well. Sports medicine doctor Clinton Township MI is analyzing new studies each and every day to implement the best possible solution for you. Each workout and recovery program is specifically designed to better enhance your body and better prepare you for your upcoming sports season.
Modern Sports Medicine Technologies at Empower PT & Fitness
With new technology comes new treatment and therapy options. Sports medicine doctor Clinton Township MI insists that although traditional methods such as weightlifting and proper nutrition and stretching for recovery still have their advantages. Studies show that these new therapies are equally if not more effective than previously thought. Preparing for your upcoming sports season starts with evaluating your body and how it responds to different treatments.
If you or anyone you know is looking to gain that competitive edge or simply just want to learn more about the different types of therapies we offer at Empower PT, feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns you may have. It’s never too early to start preparing for your upcoming sports season. Make sure your body is in its peak physical form before you start.
Preparing for Track and Field Season
Are you in need of direct access physical therapy Michigan for a track and field related injury, or to help prepare yourself for the season ahead? Our team at Empower Physical Therapy and Fitness can help prepare you to have a successful track and field season. Contact us and read on to learn more.
Track and field season is right around the corner, it is important to prepare your body and mind for the long season ahead. At Empower, a direct access physical therapy Michigan , we have a trained staff with decades of experience helping you get back into peak shape. We can tailor a specific weight training program specifically for your needs. Athletes are required to use their muscles and joints more strenuously. It is far more common for athletes to be injured as well. If you are injured, our expert direct access physical therapy Michigan can assure you that you will be back on the track in a timely manner.
From ACL tears to complete knee reconstruction. We can help speed up the recovery process and get you back at 100 percent in no time. It’s important you seek professional help when recovering from ligament injuries. Focusing on weight training, flexibility, and overall stabilization involves multiple aspects of recovery. Seeking a professional with the knowledge and experience can drastically improve recovery time. Depending on your injury there are a number of different therapies that can be used to treat your injury. At Empower PT we can even treat injury based on a specific skill set your sport requires.
Track and Field Injury Recovery
Track and field injuries are common as the sport requires multiple muscles, joints, and ligaments working together as one. If just one muscle joint or ligament is injured, it can lead to a more severe injury. This is why no matter how small treating an injury the correct way under professional supervision is essential. If done by yourself you risk the chance of not healing properly or easily reinjuring setting you back once again. Hydrotherapy has been proven to rapidly increase recovery time. Many track and field athletes have turned to hydrotherapy for lower extremity recovery. Core alignment is also used in many athletes. Ensuring core alignment and strength has been proven to increase endurance and increase recovery time.
Contact Us For Direct Access Physical Therapy Michigan Today
At Empower direct access physical therapy Michigan we can assure you a rapid recovery time with the utmost care. If you or anyone you know is looking to get back into peak physical form for the upcoming season, please feel free to contact Empower PT with any concerns or questions you may have.
If you are in need of physical therapy Roseville, MI, our team at Empower PT & Fitness is here to help you! Contact us today to learn more!
Injury can occur in tissue that you use too often. Whether this is from your occupation, activities, or just everyday life, paying attention to these types of injuries is important to prevent decrease usability of the affected tissues.
- Tennis Elbow
- Swimmers Shoulder
- Achilles Tendinitis
- Runner’s Knee
Soccer is one of the most popular sports in the world. It is so popular that approximately a quarter of a billion people play around the world. However, with the increasing popularity comes the increase in soccer-related injuries. Soccer injuries can range from minor scrapes and bruises to vast injuries that may require surgery or physical therapy. If you suffer from a soccer-related injury and need direct access physical therapy Michigan, consider reaching out to Empower Physical Therapy to ensure your injuries are properly treated.
Common Soccer Injuries
Soccer helps athletes build up their endurance, improve their speed, and promote fitness. However, it is also a game that often involves hard falls, player collisions, and the overuse of certain parts of the body, all of which can increase a player’s risk of injury. Common soccer injuries may include:
- ACL Injuries
- Meniscus Tears
- Sprained Ankles
- Bone Fractures
- Heat-Related Injuries
Preventing Soccer Injuries
Even though going to direct access physical therapy Michigan can help treat any injuries you may receive while playing soccer, it is important to take preventative measures. Soccer injuries can often be prevented by:
- Stretching– spending five to ten minutes doing stretches before and after a game can help reduce muscle soreness, keep your muscles flexible, and can reduce your risk for injury.
- Warm-Up Before Playing- warming up with exercises such as jumping jacks or a short run will warm up your muscles. These will increase your blood flow and put less stress on your muscles.
- Practice proper techniques- hitting the soccer ball with your forehead or staying low to the ground when you quickly change direction can help prevent various injuries, which will help protect you from harm.
- Wear proper attire- proper soccer attire includes well-fitted shin guards, properly fitted and securely fastened cleats, an ankle brace (if needed), and synthetic, unabsorbent soccer balls.
- Stay hydrated- Being dehydrated can have a significant impact on a player’s performance. If you are not hydrated, your body will not be able to cool itself down, which can cause you to overheat. It is recommended that players before, during, and after the game.
Treatment for Soccer Injuries
While there are many precautions players can take to reduce the risk of injuries on the soccer field, it is important to be prepared for the injuries that may occur during a game. Knowing what treatments are available for your injuries can help the healing process go smoother and be more effective. direct access physical therapy Michigan can help heal soccer injuries and get players back to their pre-injured activities. Empower Physical Therapy helps athletes with:
- ACL Rehab
- Muscle and ligaments strains
- Running injuries
- Post-Fracture rehab
Schedule an Appointment for Direct Access Physical Therapy Michigan!
If you are currently suffering from a soccer-related injury and are unsure of where to get help, look no further than Empower Physical Therapy. Whether you are looking to recover from an injury or increase your sports performance, our team is dedicated to making sure you are getting the help you deserve. Contact Empower Physical Therapy today to get the treatment you need!
Causes of Overuse Injuries
Many activities and occupations can cause an overuse injury. Below are some common causes of this type of injury:
- Exercising too frequently or too rigorous can lead to an overuse injury. This can be from lifting weights too often, improperly, or that are too heavy.
- Lifting heavy objects improperly, or repeatedly, can result in micro-damage to bodily tissue. This can be in your back, arms, neck, and legs. Practicing proper lifting techniques can prevent putting a massive strain on your tissues, lessening the chance of developing
an overuse injury.
Treatment for Overuse Injuries
Empower PT & Fitness offers direct access physical therapy Michigan, and we have seen a lot of cases of overuse injuries. This has given us the chance to increase our knowledge of them, and understand the best way to treat these injuries. Treatment for these injuries can range from rest to surgery. The most common forms of treatment are:
- For minor injuries, resting the injured tissue and allowing the body to heal itself naturally can be the best course of treatment.
- Over the counter medication such as Ibuprofen, or prescription medication such as Naproxen can relieve the pain associated with these injuries. These medications also reduce inflammation, allowing the injury to heal properly.
- Direct access physical therapy Michigan can be provided by Empower PT. We have many specialized techniques that we can perform to speed up recovery and ensure full use of the injured tissue.
- Surgery would be the most aggressive form of treatment, usually reserved for the most severe cases of overuse injury. This would be a step we would explore after rest and direct access physical therapy Michigan.
Empower Direct Access Physical Therapy Michigan
Empower PT & Fitness offers direct access physical therapy Michigan, and we have been treating patients with overuse injuries since 2008. Occupation, sports, and other activities that can put an excessive amount of strain on the body have been the leading cause of these injuries. There are many treatments for these injuries, including physical therapy.