Here at Empower Physical Therapy, we offer the highest quality of training and recovery. Our staff has over 25 plus years of experience. If you believe you may need physical therapy after an injury, there are 3 questions to consider; is the pain you’re experiencing limiting your life? Are daily activities becoming physically difficult and do you want a smooth recovery that doesn’t involve drugs, injections or surgeries? If the answer is yes to one or more of those questions, you should definitely come down to our Physical Therapy in Farmington Hills, MI. Empower Physical Therapy is not only for rehabilitation after an injury. We’re here to help you improve your athletic performances, lose weight or just improve your physical fitness and overall quality of life.
Types of Therapy we Offer:
At our physical therapy in Farmington Hills, MI we are all well equipped to handle almost any type of physical therapy. The specific types of PT we offer include:
- Manual therapy – A hands on massage treatment used to ease muscle and joint aches.
- Sports Medicine – For anyone who does sports regularly either professionally or recreationally, injuries will happen eventually. Our goal is to rehabilitate you and get you back on the field and/or court as soon as possible.
- Parkinson’s Rehab – Parkinson’s can be a very traumatic disease to endure both physically and mentally. We have a proven method of PT when dealing with it.
- Aquatic Therapy – The client can sit or stand in a large tub of water that softens the muscles. This helps reduce arthritis pain, low back pain, joint replacement, and sports related injuries.
- Worker’s Comp – If you get injured on the job, we are here to help! If you mean the treatment goals and are unable to return to work without PT, we are ready and willing to get you back to work.
- Dizziness and Balance Therapy – Falls are one of the leading causes of injury and even death with about one third of persons 65 and older. We will assist you in calculating your fall risk, strength, balance and medical history and treating you based on the information provided.
What does Physical Therapy in Farmington Hills, MI do for balance?
Good posture and staying upright when standing and walking are all crucial parts of balance. Without that stable coordination, serious injuries like falls can occur if left untreated. Our physical therapy in Farmington Hill, MI uses specific treatments to treat this that can be done both at home and at PT facilities. These include:
- Standing while shifting all your weight to one leg and rising the other leg.
- Putting your right heel in front of your toe.
- Standing and sitting in a chair multiple times without the use of your hands
- Doing Tai Chi or Yoga
For more information on what types of PT we offer for balance and coordination, please visit our website at https://www.empowerptandfitness.com or give us a call at 248 – 742 – 7000.