The body was designed to move in a specific way and every part has its role. During physical activity and sports, athletes find themselves repeating certain movement patterns during practice, games and training. This repetitive motion on its own can take a toll on the body, but it is especially hard on the body when the movement is performed incorrectly, there are weak links or there are asymmetries. By observing these movement patterns weak links and asymmetries can be identified and corrected.
Using the FMS system combined with our own evaluation protocol we are able to identify weak links, asymmetries, and poor movement patterns. This assessment gives us baseline measures and information that we use to develop a personalized program to correct these problems, prevent injuries, and have you performing at a higher level.
- Physical Therapists and Skilled professionals perform the Functional Movement Screen to categorize and rank movement patterns and assess other important factors depending on sports played and performance goals.
- Our Physical Therapists and Fitness trainers work together to prescribe a corrective exercise program.
- The program will be adjusted and altered as needed and performance revaluations will be done on a regular basis so you will be able to see and track your progress.
- Identify weak links!
- Prevent Injury!
- Increase muscle strength, speed, endurance!
- Maximize your potential!
- Crush the competition!
Functional Movement Screening
How it Works
FMS is a ranking and grading system that documents movement patterns that are key to normal function. The FMS identifies functional limitations and asymmetries. These are issues that can reduce the effects of training and increase the risk of injury.
The FMS generates the Functional Movement Screen Score, which is used to target problems and track progress. This scoring system is directly linked to the most beneficial corrective exercises to restore mechanically sound movement patterns.
Exercise professionals monitor the FMS score to track progress and to identify those exercises that will be most effective to restore proper movement and build strength in each individual.
What it Does
The FMS can be applied at any fitness level, and simplifies corrective strategies for all movement issues. It identifies specific exercises based on individual FMS scores to instantly create customized treatment plans.
With the FMS we can identify dangerous movement patterns and evaluate your risk of injury.
By utilizing the corrective exercises we can increase the ability to train and decrease the risk of injury.
The FMS test is a motion screen performed on every athlete moving through the program. It is a very powerful tool that helps us to evaluate and identify potential injury areas in all of our athletes by looking at patterns of flexibility, mobility, and imbalance. Once a score is obtained we can instruct the athlete through a series of corrective exercises that help to address their specific needs, elevate their score, and ultimately bring them to a state of condition where chance of injury is greatly reduced.
- Improve functional fitness and athletic performance.
- Establish a starting point and realistic goals.
- Create a completely personalized fitness plan.
- Identify dangerous weaknesses BEFORE injury occurs.
- Identify and resolve movement patterns.
- Build lasting fitness instead of temporary ability.
- Measure and establish a record of progress.